Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day: The Act of Celebrating Your Mother

Why do I always feel lost on this day. I joined the club of my Mother is gone fifteen years ago. The club is full of wonderful people I love people who support one another and share stories and memories but I hate this club. I want to be in the other club the what do I buy my Mom today, how do I make her day special. It's painful to hear others whine about the process of the day. Now I am more commiserating than whining because I had an exceptional Mother. I had more than many will ever have and her love is felt flowing from Heaven. I am grateful she is above watching over Nicholas and Steven and I gather strength from that fact.

To add to the fun of the day...oh I am whining...my oldest who came to life and created me as a Mother is far away doing Marine things. I miss him so. He by nature of what he does has tested me as a person and a Mother all year. The worry and waiting and the pride leave me amazed that I raised this man.

Steven my second child is the child who allowed me to relax as a Mother. He is steady as you go and a strong man in the family as well. I am amazed that I raised this man too...

So for all my wonderful friends who's Mother's look down on them as well...lets shine and have a good day so they too can be proud of the children they raised.

Rest in Peace Marilyn Rae Hughes Sorensen

2 comments:

  1. Happy Mothers Day Tam. I hope you get to hear from your Marine today. I am sharing my "call home" vibes with you, as we both wait in anticipation for the phone to ring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day Tam .. ring phone ring

    ReplyDelete