Sunday, April 25, 2010

Cleft's, Marines, Cops and Bears..Oh My...

Inspired by a Marine Aunt I thought I would start a blog. I am a Mom/Wife..it is my career oh yes I do other things and work for a living but nothing more inspiring than the Mom/Wife title. So to my blog title...Cleft's is about my oldest who was born with a unilateral cleft lip and palate on a Thankgiving evening 23 years ago. He came into the world in a whirlwind fighting death and more than pissed off.. His life continues to be a whirlwind he is a Cop turned United States Marine on a Fleet Antiterrorism Security Team...more on him he will give me much to write about.

My second child came in more quietly add his life moves more gently but he too is headed towards being a cop...so just when you think girlfriend two cops you will never have friends ; ) My husband is a Cop. So you can see alot of adrenaline flows through my house.

To the Bear's I live in Maine and we built a house in the woods and its beautiful here but I got chased by a huge bear and have a fear of the woods now so that keeps life interesting. I spent the winter getting out there and snowshoeing etc but the bears are now awake and hungry so i am struggling with this..more on my bear story later.

I have a blessed marriage to my high school sweetheart who I adore we don't fight and think we have marriage figured out it seems so easy so probably when God reads this he will send some bumps our way...

I work for a surgical office and enjoy helping people through their medical issues but it really is a way to pay the bills honestly I would rather be home I love being home! I also work at an icecream shop note one child above is in college and I also do police transcription when work presents itself again..child in college.

I lost my Mom to breast cancer she was amazing I was 31 so it was definelty a defining time in my life. She taught me so much I have many tools she left me with to work with. I am now 46 and although getting older can be annoying it is great to have more knowledge to navigate life.

Well above is the fringes of my life...lets be friends through the jouney...Tamera

2 comments: