Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A little Girl a Loving Man...A little Boy a Loving Man

I saw a mirror image in action form this weekend while attending the wedding of a young woman that my husband and I love. This lady like my Marine son had a Dad and I retract from using the work step because the description fits neither man. I saw her gaze into her Dad's eyes as she played a video of her singing Heroes to him at approximately eight years of age. I realized at that moment that this man had came into her life at the same age as my husband came into my son's life. My son and this young lady became friends and our worlds connected. Interestingly my husband and this man had been friends as well. As I watched the flashing of the video and the tears of the girl and the man, I felt the wettness of my tears and witnessed tears dropping down the eyes of my own husband. These children the boy and the girl were saved by these men in much the same way. This strong woman in the beautiful white dressed twirled like a eight year old girl with this man and declared by song her Dad a hero and the room knew that he was. I looked at my hero who had raised my young boys into men without the want for reward. Although my son will never twirl with his Daddy he does when departing for the next mission find his Father last and they hold each other and shed tears much in the same way the beautiful bride did with her Daddy.

I used to feel so much graditude to my husband for raising children he did not sire but know now that the work is done and the boys are men to be admired I see that I gave him the greatest gift of all I gave him sons. The children love their Dad in the same way that they love me. My Marine who is the most amazing man full of strength and honor was guided with a strong and tight hand to greatness. My college son was shown love and honor and courage and constantly mirrors his Dad's strengths.

Thank God for men who love children who need love for no other reason then they love the childs Mother. Thank God for men who love children who's own Dad's have failed them. Thank God for the college boy who would rather drive home and fish with his Dad than do anything else. Thank God for the vision I will have forever of the beautiful girl in the beautiful white dress and the boy in the dress blue uniform who cry while holding their Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment